Frequently Asked Questions

Learn more about Home Reach and buying a new build home

What will happen to my rent when I staircase?

When you staircase, your rent will fall in line with your new share ownership, as you only pay rent on the share of the property you don’t own. If you staircase to 100%, you will no longer need to pay rent. If you pay ground rent or a service charge on your lease, this will still be due after you staircase to 100%.

Is there a minimum time I have to wait before staircasing?

You can staircase at any time of your choosing.

How many times can I staircase?

You can staircase as many times as you want. Please refer to your lease for minimum staircasing increments.

How do I book a viewing?

Viewings are still being conducted on sites with Home Reach available. All viewings are currently by appointment only. To book your viewing, you will need to register your interest on your development of choice and a member of the team will be in contact to discuss your interest further, answer any questions you may have and arrange a viewing appointment. Please note that Home Reach are unable to book viewings on your behalf.

Can I make a structural change to my home?

To make a structural change to your home, you will need to have all of the relevant building permissions and submit them to heylo which will then be reviewed and the relevant approvals granted. Structural changes are considered as: • Making structural alterations (such as moving walls or extensions, including conservatories and loft extensions) • Replace external doors and windows • Install central heating systems • Replace your boiler • Replace or upgrade any electrics

Do you do rental properties?

No, all properties on Home Reach are available on a part buy – part rent basis.

How do I find out where I am in the sales process?

The team on site and your solicitors will be able to keep you up to date on the progress of your sale. If you have any questions you can complete a reserved contact form here – and a member of the team will be in contact.

Am I able to sublet a room?

You are able to sublet a room in your home under the Governments’ Rent a Room scheme without our permission, though we do ask that you let us know you are doing so. You are unable to sublet the whole property unless you are a member of the Armed Forces and are being posted. In these circumstances, heylo would require a copy of the posting letter and an agreement with your mortgage lender.

Can't find the answer you're looking for?

If there is anything else that you need to know and isn't answered in our FAQs, please feel free to contact us, by clicking here

Contact Us